LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
NUMBER 31 YEAR 2000
REGARDING INDUSTRIAL DESIGN as ratified on December 20, 2000
ENTRY INTO FORCE: June 14, 2001
- Industrial Design shall mean a creation on the shape, configuration, or the composition of lines or colors, or lines and colors, or the combination thereof in a three or two dimensional form which gives aesthetic values and can be realized in a three or two dimensional pattern and can be used to produce a product, good or an industrial commodity and a handy craft.
- Designer shall mean a person or several persons who produce an industrial design.
- Application shall mean the application for registration of industrial design that is filed at the Directorate General.
- Applicant shall mean the party who files the application.
- Right of Industrial Design shall mean an exclusive right granted by the State of the Republic of Indonesia to a designer for his creation for a given period to exploit his creation by himself or to give permission to another party to do so.