INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. What is intellectual property rights ?
Intellectual property rights (IPR), i.e. the rights arising from the results thought the brain that produces a product or process that is useful for human beings. The bottom line is the right to enjoy economic result of a intellectual creativity. Objects are organized into IPR are works that arise or birth because intellectual abilities of humans.
2. What is covered in the IPR?
IPR is divided into 2 parts, namely:
1. The copyright (©);
2. Industrial Property Rights, which includes:
· Industrial designs (industrial designs);
· Mitigation practices competition cheaters (repression of unfair competition);
· Integrated circuit layout design (integrated circuits);
· Trade secrets (trade secret);
3. What institution are authorized to take care of the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS in Indonesia?
Directorate General of Intellectual Property Rights, Ministry of Justice and Human Rights
4. Describe the tasks and functions of the Directorate General of intellectual property rights!
Directorate General of intellectual property rights has the task to organizing the IPR Departments task on the base of applicable legislation and policy Minister.
The Function of Directorate General of Intellectual Property Rights:
a. Planning, implementation and supervision of the technical policy in the field of intellectual property;
b. Coaching which includes provision of guidance, service, and the preparation of standards in the field of intellectual property;
c. Technical and Administrative Services to all elements in the Environment Directorate General Intellectual Property;
5. How the arrangement of Directorate General of intellectual property Organization?
Directorate General of intellectual property consists of:
a. The Secretariat Directorate General;
b. Directorate of Copyright, Industrial Designs, Integrated Circuit Layout, and Trade Secrets;
c. The Directorate of Patents;
d. The Directorate of Trademark;
e. The Directorate of Cooperation and the Development of intellectual property rights;
f. The Directorate of Information Technology ;