LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
NUMBER 14 YEAR 2001
- Patent shall mean an exclusive right given by the State to an inventor for his invention in the field of technology, for a certain time, in which he shall himself exploit the invention or give his approval to any other person to exploit the same.
- Invention shall mean an inventor’s idea that is poured into an activity of solving a specific problem in the field of technology, either in the form of a product or process, or improvement and development of a product or a process.
- Inventor shall mean a person or several persons acting together implementing an idea poured in an activity resulting in an invention.
- Applicant shall mean those filing a patent application.
- Application shall mean a patent application filed at the Directorate General.
- Patent holder shall mean an inventor as the owner of patent or any party having received such right from the owner of patent or any person having received further right from the person aforesaid registered in the General Register of Patents.
- Attorney shall mean a consultant of intellectual property rights.